Wednesday, January 13, 2010


Flower Bow Tutorial

(With a Button Rhinestone)

I know plenty of you out there make your own bows
and have your own methods.
I just thought I would do this tutorial to show
those Moms out there who don't know how,
how to create their very own cute flowers for their girls!

Supplies:
1 Flower
Glue Gun
1 button
1 gemstone
1 alligator clip, lined

Here is the flower, I buy these at the dollar store so I usually get a whole bunch and they only cost me a dollar for the bushel!! Step 1) Tear apart the flower and lay out all the pieces.
Step 2) Place a drop of glue in the middle of the largest piece
and lay the pieces on with the petals opposite of eachother,
gluing each layer.

I only did three layers, instead of every piece of the flower, I think it looks better.
Step 3) Take your button and gemstone and glue them together.


Step 4) Glue the gemstone in the middle of the flower.
Step 5) Glue to your favorite clip and your done!!

Have questions? Email me: l_heizzy{at}yahoo{dot}com!!

2 comments:

Meka said...

Love the dollar store! I love the button rhinestone combination you did, that is super cute!! We should have a bow making party sometime!!

Torrey said...

Where do you get those gemstones because I went to Michaels today and could not find them. I usually use brads, but I like the button/gem combo. Very cute! Thanks for sharing.