Tuesday, February 23, 2010


Singed Flower
I am sure many of you know how to make these.
I have seen them everywhere and wanted some
for me and some for my baby girl.
Here is my tutorial!

Supply List:
-Organza fabric made of 100% nylon, rayon, or polyester
(you don't need much, so scraps will work)
-Scissors
-Lighter
-Needle and Thread
-Center Embellishment

Step 1) - Cut 4 circles out of the fabric.
I cute mine with one large and made the other three slightly smaller than eachother.Step 2) - Melt the edges of each piece using your lighter.
(The longer you heat a spot, the more curl you will get,
careful not to light it on fire)
Step 3) - Stack the pieces on top of eachother.
Step 4) - Take your needle and thread and put a stitch in the middle.
Step 5) - Tie it off in the back and embellish how you would like!
In the very first photo is my finished product,
I added a bobby pin to the back for fun hair accessory!
There are SO many other uses for these flowers.
Check out Drab to Fab's ideas!

2 comments:

Allyson said...

I have been wanting to make these! They are so cute :)

Ruthie said...

howdy! I just made the organza flower thanks so much for the tutorial... Please help me, can I use hot glue or should I use super glue to embelish the flower? Also, how did you put the flower on the little clip (I'm making them for todlers)....thanks for all the help:)
Ruthie:)
ruthperez(@)satx(dot)rr(dot)com