Tuesday, March 23, 2010



I have been so inspired by other craft blogs lately.
These ladies are always creating something unique, beautiful, and new!
I wanted to create something as well.
Here is my latest creation:

Mod Podge Flower
Supply List:
Mod Podge
Foam Sponge Brush
12" strips of scrapbook paper
Hot Glue Gun

Step 1)- Grab your Mod Podge, a sponge brush,
and cut your favorite color scrapbook paper into 12 inch strips.
Step 2) Begin creating your center circle.
Place a smudge of glue a little bit away from the edge of your center strip.
Step 3) Start rolling into a circle.
While you are rolling continue adding a little glue to the strip,
this will help hold it in the circle shape.
I stop when it is about a centimeter wide.
Cover the entire circle with a good coat of Mod Podge.
Give it about 20 minutes to harden.
Step 5) Repeat steps 2 &3 with the other color of strips.
These will make your outside petals.

Step 6) Start hot gluing the outer petals to the center circle,
in the shape of a flower.
Once you have all five on you are finished!
I added an elastic to the back and turned it into a cute ring!
You could also make it a charm on a necklace,
or even add it to a card or scrapbook page!
The possibilities are endless!
Here are a couple more rings I made using the same technique!
::Rings inspired by Craft Envy's Newspaper Ring::

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Those are so cute.and easy.and inexpensive! Cant wait to make some! :)