Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tutorial Tuesday - Re-purposed T-shirt Ruffle Scarf


Do you have a T-shirt you don't want to part with?
I did and decided to put it to good use!
Introducing my
Re-purposed T-shirt Ruffle Scarf Tutorial:

I began by cutting up two old t-shirts I had laying around.


I cut them 6 inches wide and 16 1/2 inches long
Next I sewed them on the 6 inch end, right sides together, alternating the colors.
It ended up looking like this:
Next I set my Tension on my sewing machine to 9,
the Width to 0, and the length to 4.
Basically everything as long and wide as you can get it.
This will form the ruffle on your scarf.
Begin stiching all the way down one side of the scarf.
Don't back stitch, and be sure to leave plenty of thread at the end to pull or adjust the ruffle.
Once you are finished your scarf will look like this:
Next I folded up the ends, and cut the excess thread off.
I then reset the thread and ran a stitch along the edges to complete the scarf.
You're done!!
Isn't it adorable?! Of course you can always make it as long or short as you want,
remember to account for the ruffling.
Mine is small and perfect to wear under a coat or jacket.
I can't wait to see what you come up with!
Be sure to email me your photos at adailypost{at}yahoo{dot} com!

Also one last thing, I have an exciting giveaway happening tomorrow.
I have been given the opportunity to give one of my readers $25 off their order at any CSN store! They have all kinds of things you can order, home bar furniture, kids accessories, office furniture and so much more! There is over 200+ CSN stores!
Be sure to come back tomorrow to receive your chance at this great giveaway!

1 comment:

Meka said...

Ohhhhh I LOVE that!!! I'm going to have to put that on my "need to make" list! Thanks for sharing!