Monday, April 5, 2010


I'm back!
But I am SAD that Spring Break is over!
It was nice to be able to go and visit my parents.
We also had a wonderful Easter as just our little family of four.
It was a wonderful week, and I am thankful for the many blessings I have.

Onto the recipe for today.
I chose one appropriate for this time of year,
and hope you will all enjoy!
This is one of my favorite salads.

Springtime Spinach Salad
Ingredients
  • 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 1 tablespoon Crisco® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
  • 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions

  • Place asparagus in a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; sprinkle with olive oil and toss to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally. Cool.
  • In a large bowl, combine the asparagus. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vegetable oil, vinegar, sugar and salt; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.

No comments: